Yes, him.

 Once upon today, I am in love.

I have loved him for a while. He knows this. I know this.

But when did I realize it?

I would like to tell you a story friend.

When we were 14 years old, we spent a summer becoming friends. We listened to Kanye and laughed about stupid little things. We ended up in Florida at the same time, but we never crossed paths. He went to Universal and said hello to Spider-Man for me. 

But it was not then that I realized that I loved him.

When we were 16 years old, I was sitting on the floor. Completely out of tears, I texted this boy who had been a good friend since we were only 14. He said, "You deserve to be happy."

But it was not then that I realized I loved him. 

Just a few weeks later, I was wearing his sweatshirt and smiling more than I ever had when I turned to go inside after he had stopped by. He stopped me and told me that he loved me. I told him that I loved him too. 

It was then that I realized I loved him.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.