Right Person, Wrong Time.

 I think that the phrase "right person, wrong time" is bullshit.

I wish I could tell my 14-year-old self that it's bullshit. I want her to know why it's bullshit.

She wouldn't believe me, though. I wish she knew.

The right person comes at the right time in the right way. If they don't come at the right time, it's the wrong person and the wrong time. 

The right person will love you deeply, little girl. He won't make you cry. He will not tell you only the things you want to hear. He will be for you because you are, not because of who you could be. He won't leave you alone. He won't disappear without explanation. He'll give you good hugs and real kisses, not just the wish to do such things. He will know you like his own mind. He will be good to you. He will love you in a real and authentic way.

You'll know when it's the right person. I promise.

If only I could have told her.

If only she would have believed it.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Yes, You.