Memorize

 That very first night.

What a night.

When he put his arm around me for the first time, it was like the world collapsed into place with a sigh of relief. 

Did you know that in a span of a few hours, you can memorize someone's heartbeat?

Did you know that in a span of a few hours, you can memorize the way they breathe?

The way their arms feel pulling you in as tight as they can to protect you from the scary movie, and the scent of their body spray?

You can memorize it.

It's that feeling.

That feeling.

Feeling safer than I had in months, falling asleep on his chest. 

Deciding that was where I wanted to stay.

And stay is what I did.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

  1. Sounds like God the Father (that is without the body spray bit). His embrace is a lot like that, and, while I am positive that this isn't what that is about, it was quite easy to read Him into it and put myself in the position of the beloved. Very poetic 10/10

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.