Reflections

 It's been a while.

I always take breaks from writing when I am living, instead. 

Recently, I've done a lot of reflection on the differences between who I was a year ago and who I am right now. 

A year ago, I was insecure. I was heartbroken, and lost, doing my best to stop gagging randomly throughout the day and trying to distract myself before bed so I wouldn't cry until I fell asleep.

Today, I feel like I am glowing. I feel confident in myself and my abilities, I've been sunkissed and toned by a job that I love, I have the most wonderful people in my life, I learned how to flirt again, how to make spaghetti for one, how to dye my hair pink, and how to appreciate a good Taylor Swift song.

I'm not the same person that I was a year ago, and God, what a relief that is. 

I taught myself to breathe again. 

The funny thing is,

once you can breathe,

you can run

and nothing can stop you.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.