Slow Love

 He told me that I have layers.

He is new in my life, and I have scared men before by showing them too much at once. 

With this one,

I am being careful.

I believe he could handle all of me at once, but isn't there something to be said for a slow love?

Discovering who he is slowly,

a hand on my back while dancing,

holding the hug a second longer than necessary,

the tension in a moment when he says he wants you around for a long time but does not say why,

conversations growing every single day. 

Reaching nearly a month of discovery, 

and I could see it continuing for months to come. 

He is kind and he is caring and he likes baseball and he has a wonderful smile and he is tall and he is protective and he is a good listener and he is a good singer and he has a goofy side and he feels comforting.

There is something

to be said

for a slow love.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.