Yesterday

 Day two:

Today I saw an old friend that I hadn't seen in many many months.

We talked about our new life experiences and how we were not the same people that had graduated high school together nearly a year ago.

I got one of the best possible compliments during this conversation.

My friend told me that I seemed extremely different, in a good way.

My friend said that I had gained confidence. I held myself in a different manner than I did prior, one of a girl that had done some growing up.

Confidence.

It has grown throughout the last year with vigor, but also with moments of hesitation, regression, progression, and discomfort. 

The person that I am today is the result of the work put in by the person that I used to be.

I am not who I was a year ago, 

nor am I even the person that I was

yesterday.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.