Platonically Love

Day seven:

Today,

I was called insane,

crazy,

f-ed up,

and all by someone that I care about deeply and that has become unrecognizable. 

It scared me.

It reminded me that we don't always know what other people are going through, what goes on in their quiet moments, or what demons hide behind closed doors.

You see, I was reminded today that my biggest fear is not being good enough.

The person that I care about so deeply and love so much was one of the first people to make me feel like being a goofball was okay. This person took me, five years ago, and taught me how to platonically love like I have never loved before.

Today, that person swore to limit their interactions with me even more than they have already been limited by my moving away and their staying. They said that talking to me was a mistake. 

Please, learn how to platonically love and allow your personal shifts to keep enough room for that love.

I wish I was not pushed away by the greatest platonic love I've ever felt.

It made me feel like not enough

and that feeling doesn't often stop.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.