Finding Me

I woke up today and decided to have a good day. 

Sometimes that’s all it takes. 

I realized that I like myself. I’m a cool person. I want to get to know myself better. 

I’ve done so many things with the short while that I’ve been alive, and I’ve never taken the time to slow down and just think about who I am and why I push so hard for these major life accomplishments.

I woke up today and picked a good song to listen to while I got ready for the day. 

I listened to ABBA all day and wore overalls like Donna from Mamma Mia would. 

I danced around the office at work and cranked up the goofy even more when my coworker started laughing. 

I enjoyed a walk through the woods on my way to class and felt the sun on my face. 

I talked to friends and ate cereal for dinner. 

I’m finding me again. 

She’s pretty cool.

-Emma Lancaster 

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.