Dear You,

 Dear You,

Yes, you. You still know who you are. 

I'm getting so sick of thinking of what was, what could have been, and what is.

Most of my friends think I'm hopeless.

They're really sick of my reminiscing, and my hopefulness every time I simply see your name. They're good people, and they care about me. They don't want me to be hurt or sad anymore. It makes them feel sad too. 

I just don't want to give up. I have this feeling that I shouldn't give up.

Every time our eyes meet, I remember what you felt like. 

My roommate thinks I should keep waiting for you, even though every day that you're with someone else kills me a little more. 

She said that every time I talk about you, no matter how devastated, excited, sad, annoyed, or angry I am, she can feel the passion. She can tell I care. She said that level of passion and care doesn't happen more than once in a lifetime.

I pray to God that she's either wrong or that we find our way back. 

It's a long four years, being in college. You weren't wrong about that. 

I know you think I've been moving on, and for a while, I really was trying to move on.

I failed.

Miserably.

You make my heart race and my mind spin and I would come running back if you would have me.

I just wish I knew what you were thinking.

I want you to be happy above all else, and if she makes you happy, I can live with it.

I would wait as long as it takes.

"I'll do whatever"

-Emma Lancaster


Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.