Swept Off My Feet

 I love the idea of being swept off my feet in both the literal and metaphorical senses. 

I've been literally swept off my feet a few times.

My favorite time was when we were walking through the parking lot and I was a few paces ahead. He took a few strides to catch up to me and scooped me up in his arms in one smooth motion. I giggled and told him to put me down. I kicked my feet in protest, but I was secretly happy to be carried around. As we neared the edge of the parking lot, I noticed one of my friends approaching and told him that I knew her. Immediately, he turned his attention to my friend and told my friend that I was drunk. I wasn't even close to drunk. I immediately started protesting and she just looked at us like we were goofy. I laughed even harder and tried to get him to stop talking and put me down, but he held me tight and carried me through the parking lot and across the street. I was happy just to be with him.

It's become one of those untouchable memories in my mind, stored in a golden glow and characterized by the sound of laughter and the feeling of closeness.

He swept me off my feet in more ways than one.

I could have fallen for him so easily.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.