2022

 How do I even begin to describe the last year of my life?

Should I tell you about the love?

Or what about the pain?

Or what if I sat down with you and told you everything?

It started with a fight,

a full ride,

a flight.

A trip to Neverland,

a ballgown on prom night.

A graduation cap thrown up in the air,

a trip to Mississippi.

I got sunburnt there.

Then the fighting grew,

not to mention COVID, too.

One weekend of bliss 

before heartbreak 

upon heartbreak

upon heartbreak.

So I went on a trip to

Chicago,

Denver,

Salt Lake City,

Sacramento,

San Fancisco,

Albequerque,

Oklahoma City.

Once I moved away,

I began to see the change.

You see, this change was slow.

This change came in the form

Of a new group of people,

a couple airplane boys,

and decorating a dorm.

This change came about

by a history class,

an old man in English, 

and an emotional pouring out.

This change was good

and this change was for the better.

How do I even begin to describe the last year of my life?

Growth.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.