Where You Came From

 Today, I made a photo album on my phone and titled it "Where you came from."

I made this photo album as a reminder to myself.

The things I am facing now are a product of more challenging experiences I have already overcome.

There are photos and screenshotted text conversations in this photo album. 

I want to cry when I look at them.

The album is comprised of friends I have grown away from, boys saying they loved me when they did not, flowers that now sit dried in the bottom of my closet, and simple moments of closeness that have passed into ghosts. 

These are the places that I came from. 

These are the places that built me, 

broke me, 

and bathed me in deep emotion that finally grew into art.

I remember where I came from so that I may look forward to where I am going.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.