Don't Say

 Don't say you understand me.

Don't say you understand me until you know why I was convinced I was in love with the right person at the wrong time.

Don't say you understand me until you know the extent of the mental hell I went through when I was blamed by another for their declining mental health.

Don't say you understand me until you know the weight of a broken heart, expected to hide under excitement for another's life path.

Don't say you understand me until you know what it feels like to expense others who do not have much to give. 

Don't say you understand me until you know the pain of another, crushing you every time they tell you about a nightmare in which their assaulter comes to find them.

You do not know me and you will not understand the woman I have built until you understand the woman who was broken in the first place. 

Don't.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.