Once-In-A-Lifetime

 I've been thinking about once-in-a-lifetime opportunities lately.

Certain things, we can determine for sure, are meant to happen only once during your lifetime and will happen only once during your lifetime.

For example, my twelve-year-old self was astounded when I came to the realization that I would never again have a Wednesday night campfire with those exact same campers and those exact same counselors in the exact same campout spot.

That was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

The other side of these experiences though strikes me differently.

My father, not even middle-aged yet, looked out over the Grand Canyon and proclaimed he had no intentions of ever returning. Seeing the canyon was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for him. 

Is it true though? How are we to know that we will never look upon that great big hole in the earth ever again? 

We simply don't know when our time to leave this earth will come, so I recommend you treat special things and experiences with care.

You really don't know when some things are meant to happen only once during your lifetime. 

Live vivaciously, dear reader. 

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.