Bottle.

 Being a bottle isn't good. We know this. So why do we do it?

Sometimes we don't have a choice. We were raised to be bottles. It's selfish to NOT be a bottle. Don't open the bottle, the things inside of it will be bad. You shouldn't talk about what is inside the bottle because everyone has their own bottle contents. Your bottle contents aren't as bad as some other bottle contents that your friends might have.

Why can't I be contents?

I want to be the contents. I think that would be more relieving than being the bottle.

I don't like being the bottle, it just happens without explanation. I was surrounded by words that were pushing me toward being a bottle and I knew that I didn't like those words, but when you're a kid, you have to listen to all those words. You don't get to pick the words that you want to hear.

So I am a bottle. I feel selfish for being the contents of the bottle, even if only for a second. 

Feeling something is nice.

Don't be a bottle.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.