Love

 I think it's time to talk about love.

I understand that you might be quite sick of love by this point. After all, it is about 11:45pm on Valentine's Day.

I don't want to talk about romantic love, though. I want to talk about what love is, at its very core.

Love is a feeling, yes. 

Love is also action. Showing love comes by action, whether that action is a gesture or verbal. 

We cannot love unconditionally as humans. Although many say that we can, especially in the instance of mothers to their children, I don't think any being that is undivine can love unconditionally.

You see, dear friend, love is a choice.

You must wake up every day and choose to talk to your family. You must choose to hold your screaming baby, as much as you don't want to. You must choose to love yourself.

It's not an easy choice by any means. 

I choose to love you today because you are choosing to love yourself and others.

Love is a good choice.

Keep choosing.

-Emma Lancaster

Comments

Other Popular Posts

Right Person, Wrong Time.

Yes, You.